Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Of sleeping pills in China

Judging from this picture, shot by Reuters at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on March 10, 2008, during the third plenary session of China's parliament, the National People's Congress, one can speculate that it wouldn't be a bad idea to burn CDs with the Chinese leaders' super dull speeches and then sell them as a substitute to sleeping pills. Am I right or am I right? An added bonus... you can't get addicted to listening to these CDs as you normally risk by chronically swallowing sleeping pills, can you?

I love them Chinese and other Orientals about their ability to fall asleep so easy, at any moment of the day. First time I came across the phenomenon I thought it was the jet-lag. Until I found that they also keep doing it within their very own timezone as well. Aren't they cute?

Sleep on morons! Your leaders will take care of you regardless.

No comments: