Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Little white bitten apple...

Screenshot captured from streaming video of the Jon Stewart Daily Show at the Comedy Central. Reason I did that is to show the increasing penetration in the TV media, news, soaps, documentaries and in Hollywood movies of those silver gray laptops with a white Apple (logo) illuminated in the middle of the backside of the TFT. These are the famous MacBook Pro's that only cool dudes own and wanna be seen carrying around. Not bad for a brand that only holds single digit percent part of more than a billion PCs out there.

We got three of those in the family (only the men are cool enough for this, so it is I, and the two boys) whereas the daughter enjoys a classy 'black' Macbook and the spouse is still loyal to her Windows Vista (albeit cursing it more often than she'd want to). Of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't own the latest and greatest with a 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of internal memory, a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT with 512 VRAM and a 7200 RPM 200G hard disk. With some cool MultiTouch on that slick trackpad. Anno 2008 this kind of specs simply smoke!

Why do I need such power on a laptop you may wonder... My answer: As long as I can afford it, why not? Why am I an Apple geek after all? Search me. I quit smoking a few years back, so I reckon my new addiction qualifies as a better substitute, ain't it?

No comments: