Sunday, December 6, 2009

My iTunes crashes upon plugging the iPhone...

Spouse (serial) complaining about quality of music I put on her iPhone. I'm like, ok, I'll sync something more your taste honey, gimme a sec. Next thing, I launch iTunes and connect her 2G iPhone to the MacBook. And keep waiting for the hourglass to settle down. In vain! What the heck? 'Force Quit' shows iTunes 'stopped responding'. Say what? First time I seen this. Honest! I force-quit iTunes and unplug the iPhone. Start iTunes again and all seems fine. Connect my iPhone this time... all seems to work fine too. Connect the spouse's phone next, iTunes crashes like a Ferrari at 150mph into a brick wall! Enough to piss you off for the rest of the (Sun)day!

Off to the net looking for more miserable sods like me who got the same issue. The net seems clogged from chat-forum postings complaining about this. Somebody sez "connecting a 500 bucks phone to my three grand super trooper computer, both from the same company and still not working! WTF!" A block suggested to reinstall iTunes! C'm on! Piss off! I wouldn't even know where to start for this. Somebody else suggests to "repair disk permissions". A dude, seemingly from the nerdy Windows crowd is like, "Permissions? Where do I find those?"... Get a life dude! Join the Apple crowd to see the light! Not?

Long story short, many complaints like that all over the 'cloud'. But no solution in sight. Only shitloads of strange theories like those you find in chat forums in the millions. Until I fell upon this dude whose remedy made me LMAO.

He's like: "all you got to do, is to get rid of any stored podcasts you might have in iTunes". On a Sunday morning, you don't need much more to ROFL. Anywayz. I'd give it a try!

Holy donkey who carried Mary and Jesus to Egypt! It just worked! Unbelievable! Incredible! I mean, when I first read about this 'fix', it sounded like having to delete a certain... Stones song from your music collection to fix your iPhone. Right? I fokkin' hate software! Oh, the intricacies of the iTunes object code! What stuff did these Apple folks smoke the day they coded the iPhone syncing functions? Makes you wonder...

Needless to say, the spouse enjoys once more the "Best of" her all time faves Salvatore Adamo and Roy Orbison, like no-one. And I found my peace again...

No comments: